Crazyart

 

What is art? 

Current art history 2022-2026

From paper, love, and A dream to digital burnout

Art is candy for the eyes. And for me, I have a huge, sweet tooth. The more stimulating the art pieces, the more visually appealing it gets. 



Just like a sugar rush, our eyes can rush with so many colors all at once. We are blessed with the ability to see the waves of colors and all its vibrancy. Different people have different sweet teeth. Some people like bitterness more than sweetness. In the eye world, some people like monochrome colors other than bright highlights. 



It is OK for that. Everybody is different in their own way. I just love colors. Colors give me light. On a sad day, seeing an array of mystical colors can brighten not only your eyes, but your brain itself. A dull room, a dull situation, or even dullness itself can be eradicated just with a burst of a few colors. Though there are right ways and wrong ways to inhibit colors. With art, everything must be intentional. 

If you just throw something together, it will easily be found out. I understand people want to take the easy route. I am one of those people, but there is something you just cannot cut throw. Let your eyes feed on the beautifulness of rays and let color fill your soul with not just eye simulation but power. 


Another thing I think makes art special is that it does not have to be understood by everyone. Sometimes I look at a piece of art and have absolutely no idea what the artist was trying to say. But that does not necessarily make the artwork bad. Maybe the meaning is not supposed to be obvious. Maybe the artist wants you to come up with your own meaning.



Art can almost be like a conversation without words. The artist puts something out into the world, and the person looking at it responds in their own mind. Two people can stand in front of the exact same painting and walk away with completely different feelings. One person might see happiness while another sees loneliness. One person might see chaos while another sees freedom.


I think that is what makes art different from a lot of other things we experience every day. There is room for interpretation.


Art can also show us things about ourselves. Sometimes you can look at a piece and immediately know that you like it, even if you cannot explain why. You might be drawn toward a certain color, character, texture, or composition. Maybe it reminds you of something from your childhood. Maybe it reminds you of a place you have been. Maybe it simply looks cool.



Those feeling matters.

Not everything needs a complicated explanation.

At the same time, I think artists should not be afraid to make things that people might not like. If an artist is constantly worrying about whether everyone else will approve, the artwork can lose some of the personality that made it worth creating in the first place. Art should have some kind of fingerprint from the person who made it.


That fingerprint does not have to be perfect.

Actually, I think imperfections can make art better. A crooked line, an unusual color combination, a strange texture, or something that looks slightly out of place can sometimes become the most memorable part of the artwork. When everything is perfectly clean and polished, it can sometimes feel like there is nothing left to discover.

Mistakes can become ideas.

Something that started as an accident can turn into the best part of the piece. An artist might spill paint and decide to keep it. They might draw something incorrectly and turn it into a completely different shape. They might use a color they originally hated and realize that it works perfectly.




That is another reason I enjoy making art. You do not always know where the piece is going to end up.


Sometimes I start with one idea and end up somewhere completely different. The artwork almost starts making its own decisions. I may change a color, move something around, erase something, add something new, and suddenly the entire mood changes.


It is almost like watching a room change when you turn on a different light.

And that brings me back to color.

Color can control the atmosphere of an entire artwork. A room filled with blue can feel cold, peaceful, lonely, or mysterious. Red can feel angry, energetic, dangerous, or passionate. Purple can feel strange, magical, or otherworldly. Yellow can feel warm and happy, but depending on how it is used, it can also feel unsettling.


The color itself is not always the message.

How the color is used becomes the message.


That is something I want to understand more as I continue making art. I do not just want to use colors because they look good together. I want to understand why certain combinations create certain feelings. I want to know how lighting, contrast, shadows, and saturation can completely transform an image.

Sometimes I think of art like building a world.
SOS

SOS

You start with an empty space, and then you decide what belongs inside it. You decide what the viewer should notice first. You decide what should stay hidden in the background. You decide whether the world should feel comfortable or uncomfortable.

And sometimes, making something uncomfortable is just as important as making something beautiful.

Not all art has to be pretty.


Some art should make you confused. Some should make you question something. Some should make you uncomfortable enough that you cannot stop thinking about it. Beauty can grab someone's attention, but emotion can make them remember the artwork.

That is what I want my art to do.

I want someone to look at something I made and have a reaction. Maybe they love it. Maybe they hate it. Maybe they do not understand it at first. But if they remember it later, then I feel like the artwork accomplished something.

Because art does not have to live only on the canvas.


It can live in someone's memory.

A piece of art can follow someone around after they have already walked away from it. It can make them remember a feeling, a place, a person, or even a version of themselves. In that way, art can become bigger than the artist who created it.




Maybe that is the real purpose of art.

Not to make something perfect.

Not to make everyone happy.

Not even to make something beautiful.

Maybe art is about taking something that exists inside of you and giving it a place to exist outside of you.



And once you put it out into the world, it becomes something that other people can experience, judge, love, hate, question, and interpret.

That is the exciting part.

You never truly know what someone else is going to see.




Comments